At the latest after your first visit to Amsterdam, where it is practically a must to try an irresistible space cake in one of the numerous coffee shops, we know that it not only tastes incredibly delicious - it also makes us pleasantly high. If you not only want to enjoy this treat in Holland, but also want to make it yourself at home, we have our delicious recipe for you, which you can quickly replicate at home.
First things first: decarboxylation
When baking with cannabis, you have to consider the decarboxylation before you can start. What makes us high is the THC in the grass. To activate it, it must first be heated. When smoking, this happens automatically when the joint is lit. If you want to bake with grass, you must first activate the THC correctly, i.e. decarboxylate it, so that it also works. If you don't do it properly, the grass will have no effect. And surely nobody wants that: Processing the precious cannabis for free - it would be a waste. Since you have to heat the grass longer when baking, the temperature must not rise above 150 degrees Celsius, otherwise the THC evaporates, and therefore no effect occurs.
Baking space cake: Intensive effect
An important difference when baking with cannabis compared to smoking is the dose and duration of action. While smoking, the THC is absorbed through the lungs, so the high occurs very quickly, but it also lasts comparatively shorter than when eating. If you eat a space cake, the effect only takes 30-60 minutes - depending on your physical condition - but the high lasts longer. Many describe the state of intoxication when eating cannabis as more intense, but you must also note that too high a dose is taken more quickly because you do not immediately feel the effect. On top of that, people like to have a good grip when the space cake tastes so delicious ... Please be careful and wait a bit before you treat yourself to a second piece.
Let's start with our recipe
Preparation time: 150 minutes
Ingredients for the space cake (16 pieces):
- 200g butter
- 8g cannabis
- 420g sugar
- 150g flour
- 2 eggs
- 150g sour cream
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- powdered sugar (topping)
Nutritional value: 420 kcal per piece
This is how Prepared space cake:
- Preheat the oven to 110 degrees
- Crush the grass with a grinder and spread it on the backing paper and put it in the oven for 90 minutes
- Heat the butter and add the decarboxylated grass (leave the oven on).
- Mix the cannabis butter, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 100 ml of water in a saucepan under heat, 10 minutes Let cool
- Meanwhile, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Add sour cream and eggs and stir well
- Cocoa cannabis butter into the Place the bowl and stir until everything is even
- Place the finished chocolate dough in a greased dish and bake for 45 minutes at 145 degrees Celsius.
- Let it cool briefly and dust with icing sugar
Et voilà: Your homemade space cake is ready. A heavenly juicy chocolate cake with grass that not only tastes super delicious, but also makes a good impression on your friends! As you can see, baking cannabis is not that difficult if the grass is processed properly. We wish you lots of fun baking and a pleasant high! Bon appetit!
Tip: Our chocolate brownies with hemp butter also taste very good and are a good souvenir to every party.